Monday, March 30, 2015

The Home Stretch


     In a month and a half we will be graduating. When my Dad told my grandmother, she replied, “Again? Already?” This last month has gone by quickly. After Mardi Gras came to a close, I spent a couple of weeks intensely studying for the Shelf Exam. Not knowing exactly what to expect, I tried to over prepare. My study time was interrupted because my groups presented in both cardiobiology and advances the week before the Shelf, but we managed to get through it. After doing some USMLE World practice questions, I was worried that we would have a lot of questions dealing with diagnosing that we, not taking all the medical school classes, hadn’t been exposed too. Luckily Dr. Clarkson picked the questions, and while challenging, there wasn’t much I would call unfair. Fortunately most of the material came back to me a lot quicker the second time. 
     Now that the Shelf is done we just have some electives left. We have a Cell Control test tomorrow, and then just one more and we will be done. Now that we are in the home stretch, I need to start studying for the MCAT. Luckily our schedule these last couple of months leaves plenty of time for studying for the MCAT and for volunteering, with a little time left over to prepare for my last Cardio presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment